One day in 1905 a group of Premier Mine employees got together to form the Premier Mine Golf Club. The area chosen would almost certainly have been the general area of the present-day Cullinan course.
Mr William McHardy was the first president and Mr AF Pack the captain and the champion of the golf club in 1907. As early as 1954 it was recorded that the course was the best 9-hole layout in the country and Bradley Type greens were planted.
In 1969 it was decided that the course needed redesigning and a letter was sent to Bob Grimsdell and Wilkes, asking them to look at the course. They recommended that the greens and the fairway on 5, 7 & 8 be repositioned.
They proceeded and the course took on a new shape. With the exception of one tee, the present-day course is much as it was after this work was completed.